10:30 – 12:00 pm
- Finalizing the Charter and working-group for the Athena Cluster transitions.
- CET process for exploring and developing strategy for future learning environments (e-Learning / hybrid) at MIT.
- As MIT looks ahead to possible increased activity in online learning, it would be useful to:
- Get some calibration on how other institutions are taking advantage of new technology For example It would be useful to consider how technology is changing the opportunities for activities like joint courses and projects across institutions and for increased use of telecommunication. This would be consistent with one of MICET’s functions to undertake periodic reviews aimed at assessing educational technology in industry and in MIT’s peer Institutions. (This has not been done as a council since MITCET was first formed in 1999)
- Understand the implications of current educational technology initiatives at MIT on areas such as personalization of the learning process; deeper learning, learning content development, global learning experiences and bring and bringing research tools to learning.