11:00 – 12:30 p.m. Rm. 56-167
1. Discussion with Provost Rafael Reif on MITCET’s Role, Educational Technology Initiatives and MITx.
- MIT has initiated three bold interrelated educational innovations: MITx, On-campus innovations (MITCETs work along with other funding (Alumni, D’Arbeloff and SoE)), and OCW.
- How do we address these initiatives as an integrated package to maximize cross project learning, shared services and resources, and impact on MIT?
- Discussion based on the White paper sent to the provost (attached)
2. Announcement/Plan for Workshop: Online Learning for MIT Education: At the intersection of Residential Learning and MITx.
- We are planning a workshop/symposium in the week after classes in May directed towards understanding the impact and implications of the online initiatives that have been launched (MITCET and Alumni supported projects) for curriculum, learning, infrastructure as well as the intersection with MITx, with a view towards identifying and addressing the research issues and scaling considerations.
Leave a Reply